first_img 13SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Training your brain to think positively will boost your effectiveness at work.Optimism is one of the greatest predictors of someone’s success, Harvard professor and positive psychology expert Shawn Achor said during a keynote address Monday at the CUNA CFO Council Conference in New Orleans.Believing that your behavior matters can transform not only your productivity but the effectiveness of those around you, says Achor, whose research on the impact of rational optimism in the business world appears in his book, “The Happiness Advantage.”Among the many examples Achor cites: Doctors with a positive outlook arrive at correct diagnoses 19% faster than those with negative or neutral emotions, and the 10% most optimistic insurance agents at MetLife outsell the other 90% combined.“The greatest competitive advantage in the modern economy is a positive and engaged brain,” he said.In fact, the underlying principle taught to many business leaders—that if you work harder you will be more successful and happier—is fundamentally flawed, according to Achor. continue reading »last_img

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *