first_imgMountain climber Ross Miller in action.RESPECTED Brisbane mountain climber Annette Miller sold her family home at auction on Saturday, nine years after losing her husband in a mountain climbing tragedy at Mt Lindesay on the Queensland/New South Wales border.25 Tamarang Street, Tarragindi.Mrs Miller was the first woman to climb Mt Tinbeerwah near Noosa on the Sunshine Coast and her husband Ross Miller was a professional rock climber with more than 20 years’ experience.Annette Miller at the auction of her Tarragindi home of 25 years.“Mountain climbing is about being out in nature, you forget everything except that square metre of rock in front of you and above you and it’s the challenge of whether you can ‘work the rock’,” Mrs Miller said.“And to do it with someone, like a soulmate or even a good friend, it’s an amazing experience because you’re both dependent on each other and your life is quite literally in the other person’s hands, there’s a lot of trust involved.”25 Tamarang Street, Tarragindi is also 46 O’Neil Street, Moorooka as it has a two-street frontage and is positioned at the boundary of two suburbs.Their four-bedroom, architect-designed home at 25 Tamarang Street, Tarragindi is on a 45 degree slope next to Toohey Forest Park and is packed with memories from a lifetime of hiking and climbing together.“It’s taken me a long time to get to this point where I felt I could let go of the house,” Mrs Miller said. “Ross and I pretty much had our whole relationship here … he did all the gardening and he also built the rock climbing wall downstairs,” she said.Great views from the deck.Place Graceville agent Karen Simons took the 1980s-built, three-level home to auction with two active bidders but a vendor bid of $850,000 was needed to break the ice.Architect Leon Burton raised the bid to $900,000 and after a short volley of bids the house sold to Mr Burton for $1.075m.“There’s not that classic street appeal but internally, it’s like a chalet,” Mr Burton said of the 1499sq m property.Built like a Swiss Chalet.“We’re not quite as adventurous as (Ross Miller) was but we are very active and we love bushwalking and we did notice the rock climbing wall. We might set that up.”More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa7 hours agoParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus8 hours agoMrs Miller has continued hiking and will travel to the Scenic Rim on the school holidays to be the Girraween National Park camp host.“You meet and greet campers and give them advice on where to go through the national parks,” she said.Annette and Ross met in 1990 while on a three day hike near Cunningham’s Gap in 1990.Their outdoor interests expanded to include cycling, skiing, rogaining, mountaineering and rock climbing.Their honeymoon in 1996 was a 20-day bushwalk in the spectacular West McDonnell Ranges in the Northern Territory, including the world-famous Larapinta Trail.The Larapinta Trail in Central Australia.FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOKlast_img read more


first_imgManchester United captain, Harry Maguire, has pleaded not guilty to charges after appearing in court following his arrest on the island of Mykonos. The England defender, 27, was arrested following an alleged fight on Thursday night, along with two other Britons, aged 28 and 29. Police said there had been an altercation and an exchange of words with officers with the three men appearing before a prosecutor on the nearby island of Syros on Saturday. Maguire was in court for around an hour testifying to a prosecutor, where he denied all charges, and it is understood the trial has been adjourned until a hearing on Tuesday. However, the three defendants are not obliged to attend the trial and are free to return home. Maguire left the courthouse in an unmarked van, refusing to make any comment or statement on the incident. When asked by Sky News’ sports correspondent Martha Kelner whether Maguire was a free man, the defender’s lawyer said: “Right now. Yes.” The prosecutor is considering three charges – aggravated assault, verbal assault and also the most serious one, the attempted bribery of an official. Although it is unclear which of these charges specifically pertain to Maguire and which to the two other men, it could be as much as a three-year prison sentence for attempted bribery. Speaking from the scene, Kelner said: “Unfortunately the only people who know what happened in that courtroom are Harry Maguire, the two people he was co-defendants with, and of course the prosecutor and his defence lawyer. “The legal system here is rather opaque. These hearings are not open. Journalists are not allowed in. read also:Maguire’s lawyer: Man Utd captain denies allegations Promoted Content7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeUnusual And Unique Beauty Of Indian Women6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneDisney’s Live-Action Simba Was Based On The Cutest Lion Cub EverWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Best Cars Of All Time5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Product That Have Wild Origin StoriesPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body Loading… center_img “As a consequence of that, the details of what went on inside there and what the eventual resolution was, if there was any resolution, is still unclear. “It seems there may have been an agreement, according to Greek media reports – that Harry Maguire returns to the island of Mykonos, which is around a 50-minute boat ride from here, to apologise for what took place there on Thursday night in order for him to return to England. “I was also speaking to someone on the ground here, and he was saying Harry Maguire has to return to the courtroom on Tuesday. But there is a chance, that hearing if it does have to happen, goes ahead without the Manchester United defender.” A statement released by the Hellenic Police’s South Aegean region press office on Friday afternoon read: “Patrolling police officers in the area of Mykonos intervened and normalised a dispute between citizens. “However, three foreigners involved in the incident turned against them, insulting and hitting a police officer with fists. “The three foreigners were taken to the Mykonos Police Station, where upon their arrival they strongly resisted, pushing and beating three police officers. “One of the detainees then tried to offer money so that the trial against them would not be completed. The arrested (men) were taken to the Syros Prosecutor’s Office.” Manchester United released a statement shortly after confirming Maguire’s ‘not guilty’ plea, which read: “Following the appearance in court today we note the adjournment of the case to allow the legal team to consider the case file. “Harry has pleaded not guilty to the charges. It would be inappropriate for the player or club to comment further while the legal process takes its course.” Maguire had been on Mykonos with family and friends, having been given two weeks off following the side’s semi-final defeat to Sevilla in the Europa League on Sunday. The club is set to open their 2020/21 Premier League campaign against Crystal Palace on September 19 – having had their start delayed by a week due to their European involvement. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more