first_imgThree persons were on Saturday injured when Army personnel allegedly opened fire at a group of stone-pelting youths in Bandipora district of Kashmir, police said.A group of youths pelted stones on Army vehicles which were passing through S.K. Bala locality in Symbol area of Bandipora this morning, a police official said.He said the Army personnel allegedly opened fire to disperse the mob, resulting in injuries to three persons. The injured have been referred to a hospital here for treatment, he added.A similar incident took place at Harnag in Anantnag district but there were no casualties in the alleged Army firing there, the official said.last_img read more


first_imgExhorting the government to involve slum dwellers in the development of the city, Campaign for Housing and Tenurial Rights Convenor Varghese Theckanath on Monday said those living on bunds were worried in the wake of canal beautification projects and demanded that they not be relocated. “About 26% of the city population lives in slums, one-third of which are located on canal bunds. The government’s plan to transform canals should not disturb dwellers who have been living on the same lands for decades,” he said at a press conference here. Stating that most slum dwellers were employed in blue collar jobs, he added, “Driving them away from the city would burden their lives and cost them jobs. They are an integral part of the city and the government should ensure they remain so” Vijayawada Slum People’s Federation Convenor Chinni concurred with him and said they were not against the beautification of the city but demanded involvement in it. Calling for relocating slums to neighbouring areas, Housing Rights Network city Coordinator Sanjeev and Monfort Social Institute city Coordinator P. Ravindra Babu said RTI applications had been filed to find out available land for the same. Under threatTo gauge the impact of projects, a survey by the NGOs revealed that more than 36,000 persons of 8,000 families resided in the 31 slums on the bunds of Bandar, Ryves and Eluru canals and Budameru rivulet in the city.last_img read more


first_imgLATEST STORIES SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte “Wala. Kulitan lang yung kay Terrence. Alam mo naman yun makulit,” Pogoy told reporters.(It’s nothing. We were just fooling around. We all know Terrence, he’s playful.)Romeo, who was traded to the Beermen in the offseason four months ago, ended up having the last laugh after scoring 14 points to help his team steamroll the KaTropa, 96-86, and secure a semifinals seat.Pogoy led TNT with 16 points that went with five rebounds and a block.ADVERTISEMENT Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Philippine Arena Interchange inauguratedcenter_img Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ ‘Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance PLAY LIST 01:30’Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Terrence Romeo and Roger Pogoy go head to head. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines—San Miguel Beer guard Terrence Romeo and his former team TNT had a well-documented fallout that it’s no secret the two sides have bad blood between each other.With Beermen and the KaTropa sharing long history as rivals, it didn’t come as a surprise that for several instances in their do-or-die Game 3 on Wednesday, the players-one way or another-got into each others’ heads.ADVERTISEMENT Romeo and ex-teammate Roger Pogoy nearly reached their boiling point late in the first quarter that they had to be separated to keep the situation from escalating.The two, who stared down each other, downplayed the incident as expected.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“Wala sakin yun, niloloko ko lang si Pogoy,” said Romeo, who instigated the situation after invading Pogoy’s space after scoring on a layup despite being fouled by his former Gilas teammate.🎥 Naiwanan ni Terrence Romeo yung bantay, layup is good MAY KASAMA PANG FOUL!#PBAPlayoffs#PBALabanKungLaban pic.twitter.com/CgorguECUl— PBA (@pbaconnect) April 10, 2019(That’s nothing to me. I was just messing with Pogoy.)ADVERTISEMENT Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess View comments Test of character as FEU enters crucial homestretch in Final 4 chaselast_img read more


first_imgYouTube is reportedly planning to launch a premium music video service later this year. According to a Billboard report, the service will have a free and a premium tier, with the latter to offer unlimited access to a full catalogue of tracks – similar to Google’s existing All Access music subscription service – but with video.The report, which cites unnamed sources, said that the premium version would allow viewers to cache music for offline access and would remove ads.YouTube is currently making a bigger push into the music space with the launch this year of its first YouTube Music Awards show in New York next month.The firm has also experimented in the past with live-streams of music events, like the Coachella festival in California.Last month, All Things D reported that YouTube is also preparing an offline viewing function for mobile YouTube users, which will let people save clips to their smartphone and other devices that they can access for up to 48 hours offline.The report said the videos will still be free, with Google to run ads on the clips.last_img read more