first_img“The [preliminary process] of the last CPNS selection has just been completed and all [of the candidates] have yet to be inaugurated because interviews and other examinations have been postponed due to COVID-19,” he said.However, Tjahjo said there was a possibility for CPNS recruitment next year, depending on the government budget and the needs of government agencies.The last batch of CPNS recruits would continue with the field competency selection test (SKB) from August to October this year, National Civil Service Agency (BKN) head Bima Hari Wibisana said.The agency is set to conduct the tests face-to-face, while coordinating with the national COVID-19 task force to ensure health protocols on site. (syk)Topics : Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Minister Tjahjo Kumolo has said the government will not be opening recruitment for regular civil servant candidates (CPNS) in 2020 and 2021.“There will be no CPNS recruitment for two years,” Tjahjo said Monday, as quoted by kompas.com.Tjahjo said admissions were closed this year because last year’s CPNS recruitment process had been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.last_img read more


first_img The dismissal did not sit well with Diokno as he questioned the Sandiganbayan for granting of Gimenezes demurrer to evidence only now when the case was filed in 1987. The anti-graft court in its verdict has granted the demurrer to evidence filed by the Gimenezes for “insufficiency of evidence” as there were only photocopied documents as pieces of evidence and proof that money was siphoned off to foreign countries. Jose Manuel “Chel” Diokno “I think the government should revisit all of the pending cases against the Marcoses and find out what is going wrong and do something about it,” Diokno said in an interview with ABS-CBN News Channel. In a decision that was released publicly on Friday, the Sandiganbayan 4th Division dismissed Civil Case No. 0007 involving the forfeiture of an estimated P267-million ill-gotten wealth of the Marcoses through spouses Fe and Ignacio Gimenez. Two months later, the Marcoses scored another legal victory against the government after the Sandiganbayan dismissed the P1.052-billion civil case against former Ambassador Bienvenido Tantoco Sr. and some of his relatives, who allegedly served as Marcos dummies, due to insufficiency of evidence./PN “Why did it take the government this long to prosecute and for the court to decide the case?” Diokno said. “We have to get to the bottom of this. Anong nangyari du’n sa mga dokumento na ‘yun? Bakit hindi napresenta yung mga original?” In August, the Sandiganbayan Second Division also dismissed for insufficient evidence the P102-billion forfeiture case against the late former President Ferdinand Marcos, former First Lady Imelda Marcos, and other cronies. Meanwhile, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a statement that the Malacañang Palace respects the verdict of Sandiganbayan to dismiss another Marcos case. This is the third loss of the Presidential Commission on Good Governance and the Office of the Solicitor General this year. “The Administration does not interfere with the judiciary. The rule of law must always prevail in courts regardless of who are the parties. Their decision must be accorded respect and obedience,” Panelo added. MANILA – The government should exhaustall the remedies following the Sandiganbayan’s dismissal of another forfeiturecase against the Marcos family involving millions of ill-gotten wealth, veteranhuman rights lawyer Jose Manuel “Chel” Diokno said. Diokno, who chairs the Free Legal Assistance Group, said in a television interview that the government must revisit all the charges against the Marcoses.last_img read more