first_img“The reason why it’s helpful to have a test in your home state is because there are follow-ups, especially if you do test positive,” said Epstein. “So, it’s the county you live in that makes the arrangements for whether or not you need to be isolated or other information they need to collect.” New York State Department of Transportation Deputy Commissioner, Ron Epstein, says some people may feel discouraged because of rumors that the test is an uncomfortable process, or simply because restrictions are easing up, people don’t feel the need to get tested. He says he personally took the test at the site and says the people working there do a good job to make you feel comfortable. VESTAL (WBNG) — Officials at BU’s drive-thru testing site say over the past couple of weeks, they’ve ramped up testing by thousands and say there are still spots open for appointments. The testing site opened at the end of April and already, officials leading the center say they are conducting up to 200 tests a day, but are encouraging even more people with symptoms to get tested there. Epstein specified, if you are not a New York resident, but you are a New York employee, especially at places like nursing home facilities, you will not be turned away from the testing site. However, he does say they prefer to test New Yorkers, so they can track the number of cases easier in the counties.center_img RELATED: Binghamton University to be COVID-19 drive-thru testing site “There is no reason to let our guard down,” said Epstein. “We want to ensure that the region continues to prosper and therefore partners civic duty to get tested if you have symptoms, so the region can reopen.” In order to make an appointment, you can call the NYSDOH at 888-364-3065 and the workers there will help set it up. You will then be asked to have all your personal ID information for the medical workers on site before you are tested.last_img read more


first_imgThe U-20 soccer World Cup is to be held from May 23 to June 22 next year in six cities across Indonesia. The country was selected to host the games in October last year, beating contenders Brazil and Peru.Read also: Jokowi offers 10 stadiums for Under-20 World Cup. FIFA wants fourThe PSSI chairman said he had previously inspected six candidate cities, namely Bandung in West Java, Surakarta in Central Java, Yogyakarta, Surabaya in East Java, Palembang in South Sumatra and Pekanbaru in Riau.Iriawan is also expected to inspect other cities and regions, namely Jakarta and West Java’s Bekasi, as well as Bogor and Bali. Youth and Sports Minister Zainudin Amali said the ministry would keep coordinating with other ministries and institutions regarding the competition preparations.”Our nation’s name is at stake here because this is a rare opportunity. We might not be able to experience this again in 30 years,” Zainudin said. Regarding Indonesia’s national soccer team, Iriawan said the Indonesia U-20 squad would train in Germany or Spain. The team would also have friendly matches against teams from other countries. The government and the Soccer Association of Indonesia (PSSI) plan to establish the Indonesia FIFA U-20 World Cup Organizing Committee (INAFOC) to accelerate the necessary preparations for the upcoming 2021 U-20 soccer World Cup.“PSSI and FIFA will announce six cities selected to host the competition by early March,” PSSI chairman Mochammad Iriawan said in a statement on Friday.He added that the association needed to announce the cities as soon as possible, as the Public Works and Housing Ministry needed certainty where work would be needed. The ministry is tasked with improving the selected cities’ infrastructure for the competition. center_img Topics :last_img read more


first_imgGreensburg, IN—Friday, officers with the Greensburg Police Department were dispatched to West Main Street in reference to theft of money. When the officer arrived and began speaking with the victim of the incident, it was learned that a weapon was used.  The officer was advised that the incident allegedly took place near County Road 80 NE and East Central Avenue and determined that the victim was had cash robbed by April Day, 19, of Sunman, while Day was armed with a knife.As the investigation continued, a search warrant was obtained.  That warrant was executed with other Greensburg Officers and Day was taken into custody and transported to the Decatur County Jail where she was processed on charges for allegations of Armed Robbery, Intimidation with a Deadly Weapon, and Obstruction of Justice.last_img read more


first_imgRelatedPosts Fulham keen on Lookman loan deal Pirlo not out to copy anyone after Juventus’ comfortable opening win EPL: Calvert-Lewin treble fires Everton past West Brom Carlo Ancelotti has reached an agreement in principle to become the next Everton manager, Sky Sports News understands. Negotiations between Everton and Ancelotti progressed well following the Italian’s arrival on Merseyside earlier on Monday. It is understood confirmation of Ancelotti succeeding Marco Silva could be announced before Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final against Leicester. Ancelotti remains one of the finest and most decorated managers in world football, despite his recent struggles with Bayern Munich and Napoli. He bowed out in Naples on the back of a 4-0 win in the Champions League against Genk, but it was the club’s poor form in Serie A – they were seventh when he was axed – and a squad mutiny with owner Aurelio de Laurentiis that cost him his job. Meanwhile, the club confirmed that Duncan Ferguson will lead the team for Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final against Leicester but it remains uncertain how much longer the club legend will continue to fill in.Tags: Carlo AncelottiEvertonMarco Silvalast_img read more


first_imgWith just eight regular season games remaining, the Wisconsin women’s hockey team finds itself perched at No. 3 in the rankings and No. 2 in the WCHA standings, hoping to ride out the season on a hot streak.This weekend’s away series against Minnesota State comes after the Badgers’ convincing series win against defending national champions Clarkson University. Sophomore forward Sydney McKibbon said the team is now looking to win the eight games left in the season.“In-conference or out-of-conference, we want to get eight wins,” McKibbon said. “We want to move into the playoffs on a high note.”Regardless of their opponent, the Badgers are expressing confidence in their abilities, despite a recent stretch of goal-scoring troubles. However, if the team continues the form they exhibited in a 4-0 thumping of seventh-ranked Clarkson on Sunday, this should be no problem.“What we’re doing right now has been working pretty well,” sophomore forward Sarah Nurse said. “With our team, I think it’s pretty deep. Anybody can score.”Granted, freshman forward Annie Pankowski scored three of Wisconsin’s four goals on Sunday, but the principle remains that the Badgers are quite capable of tallying goals. After their last game, the team hopes the rough patch the team hit coming out of the winter break might finally be over.“On Sunday, we were finally able to put the puck in the net,” McKibbon said. “We want to continue to do that, continue to pepper the goalies. It gets frustrating when you’re getting 50 shots on net and you’re not scoring … but it makes us want to score even more and get pucks to the net.”In its last five games before the Clarkson series, Wisconsin had netted only six goals.From the Jan. 10th game vs. Minnesota through Sunday’s game vs. Clarkson, the Badgers’ offense was subpar. Through the six games, the Badgers shot, on average, 11.84 in the first period of games, 14.84 in the second and 11.5 in the third. Those shots translated into, on average, 0.17 goals in the first period, one in the second and 0.4 in the third.However, in Sunday’s game vs. Clarkson alone, the Badgers shot 14 first period shots, 15 second period shots and fell to only nine third period shots. This resulted in zero first period goals, two second period goals and two third period goals.Finding their stride again could not have come at a more convenient time, as the Badgers will face some key matchups in determining their final place for the upcoming WCHA and NCAA tournaments.  The WCHA begins in about one month.Among the teams contesting Wisconsin on their march toward the finish are Minnesota-Duluth, who will look to spoil the Badgers’ plans. The Bulldogs find themselves four points behind the Badgers in the WCHA conference standings. Two wins against Wisconsin next week would put the Bulldogs even with the Badgers.Yet the Badgers only concern themselves with the tasks at hand in preparation for this weekend’s series. Minnesota State currently sits at the bottom of the WCHA standings without a single win in conference play at 0-17-1. Regardless, the Badgers are aware that the Mavericks will look to end their campaign on a high note by taking down the third-ranked team in the nation.“I think whenever a team plays us, they get excited,” Nurse said. “So finishing out this last half of the season, we’re looking to not give any teams hope against us.”No player denies the challenges ahead, but all seem to be exhibiting the classic phrase, “cool, calm and collected,” and rightfully so. Despite recent goal troubles, the Badgers are still in excellent position to make a run at what would be head coach Mark Johnson’s fifth national title.Rebounding after their recent string of troubles has given the team the hunger and energy it needs in order to keep the momentum going. In fact, some players believe it was actually beneficial. It showed what can happen in moments of complacency and, in turn, reignited the fire that led them to a 17-2-1 record going into the winter break.“You need to stay humble,” freshman defender Maddie Rolfes said. “You need to make sure your main goals are working hard and winning instead of going out complacent and getting into bad habits.”With two series at home, Minnesota-Duluth and St. Cloud State, and two away series at Minnesota State and Ohio State, the Badgers will play in a variety of environments that will prepare them for the upcoming postseason tournaments.  The team also hopes to bring home a coveted fifth national title for Johnson, the newest member of the 350-win club.last_img read more


first_img A superb round of 69, containing eight birdies, saw Billy Watson secure the Junior County Champions title for Hampshire over the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa, ending a two-year domination by Lincolnshire golfers.His 36-hole aggregate of 142, four under par, was five strokes ahead of runner-up, Gian-Marco Petrozzi from Staffordshire, his playing partner, and six clear of Essex champion Taylor Carter.“Although I won the Hampshire Boys Championship, this is my biggest victory as it is a national title,” said Watson. “It is a big achievement for me and a great boost. It also gets me automatic entry into next year’s Brabazon Trophy and hopefully on to better things.”Watson (image © Leaderboard Photography), the 18-year-old son of former European Tour professional Scott Watson, started his second round one shot off the lead held by Lincolnshire’s Sam Done. But he was soon setting a hot pace.“I was fighting a left pull on my long irons this morning so before I went out this afternoon I spent some time in the net with my dad and he put me right,” added Watson.“This afternoon was fun. I started well with a birdie at the first from six feet and I missed chances at the next two holes. But I birdied the sixth and bogeyed the seventh to be out in 36 but I had six birdies on the back nine. “This win will take a while to sink in. It was good to have dad on the bag, not necessarily for tips but for his support.”While most of the field were struggling with the Hotchkin’s tough challenge, Watson, who stands 6ft 6ins, made it look easy. He had birdies at the tenth, 11th, 13th, 14th, 16th and 18th while bogeys at 12 and 15, both to three putts, kept him on an even keel.He and Petrozzi were in the last group on the course and the Staffordshire youngster also beat the par with his five-birdie 71 for 147.Carter, who won all six of his games for Essex in the recent English Boys County Championship, added a level-par 73 to his opening 75 for third place on 148.“I started poorly with a double bogey at the second after getting a bad lie in a bunker,” said the 18 year old from Rochford. “But I played O.K. but didn’t hole a thing. I had a lot of chances but couldn’t get the ball to drop. But I finished well with an eagle at 18, hitting my hybrid to eight feet.”Although Cheshire boy champion Max Rogers finished down the field he had the satisfaction of securing his first ever hole-in-one. It came at the 209-yard eighth hole when he sank his five iron tee shot.“I didn’t see the ball go in but the pitch mark was about ten feet in front of the hole so I assume it rolled in from there,” said the 17 year old from the Astbury club. “I’ve never had an ace before and I needed it today. It made up for a bogey at that hole this morning. 13 Sep 2014 Victory proves elementary for eight-birdie Watson last_img read more


first_imgPolice have arrested Gabriel James Gamez, 22, of San Antonio, Texas, as the gunman. A stranger to the two victims, it was reported that he got into an altercation with the two teenagers and drew his gun and fired shots that connected with Turner’s back and Woodson’s leg.Both youths were rushed to the Duke University Medical Center for treatment, where just moments after arriving, Turner was pronounced dead. Woodson, however, survived and is expected to make a full physical recovery.“Today is a sad day,” said Gateway spokesperson Cara Ann Zannella. “We were very upset when we received the news on Thursday evening the two had been shot. Both had been outstanding kids and athletes. Darrell will be terribly missed.”Zanella said counseling was available to students who wanted to talk about Mr. Turner’s death until Monday but that there wouldn’t be any more counseling unless district officials see a need.The athletes were in Durham visiting Duke University as a part of the Team Swag football tour, organized by a man by the name of Ayo Fapohonda.“The tour was organized to promote the skills of high school football players throughout the (Commonwealth) of Pennsylvania,” Gateway Athletics facility site manager Kevin Stevens said, who made the trip to Durham with the players.Stevens mentioned that there were 18 student athletes and five adults, from all over the area, present with the Team Swag tour.“The tour is designed to help kids in Pa. receive enhanced college recruiting,” Stevens said. “It is responsible for getting the kids to compete in 7-on-7 games, all over, and for them to gain exposure from coaches, who come to these events to evaluate high schoolers.”Fapohonda, who facilitates all of the tour’s events, is also known for his creation of the finestpreps.com website that helps promote the talents of the athletes that take part in his program. He was unreachable for comment.The particular leg of the tour that reached Durham was intended to target the Southern U.S. and some of its collegiate athletic programs.“We’d visited (the University of Virginia) first, and then we got to Durham to visit Duke. We were going to head to Jacksonville after visiting Duke and another school in North Carolina and intended to visit the IMG academy in Bradenton (Florida) to compete. We were then going to hit Atlanta, also for competition. We hoped to get a lot done for the student athletes.”The shooting happened in a local shopping center in Durham near the team’s hotel. The group had just finished their meal at a Five Guys Restaurant nearby.“Darrell was the closet person to the assailant,” Stevens said. “Tom was the furthest from the shooting and when he realized what was happening he began to run away. Unfortunately, he was still shot. It was senseless. If you’re an adult and carrying (a) weapon, there’s no way that they should just start shooting at kids. It’s just unacceptable.”“He was just at my son’s graduation party,” Tammy Richardson, the mother of Gateway’s star former wide receiver, Christian Richardson said. “Darrell was very close to my daughter, he was like her big brother. I fed him for four years. I only have one son, but as an involved parent, something like this feels like I’ve lost one of my own.”Gateway’s head football coach and athletic director Terry Smith, deeply saddened, has declined to submit comments to the media.“I was at the vigil that was held for Darrell after everyone had received the news,” Richardson said. “It was terrible to see how many young people had been affected by this. But it wasn’t only them. It felt as though the whole community had experienced a loss.”Visitation is set for Thursday from 2-8 p.m. at Mt. Ararat Baptist Church, 271 Paulson Ave. in East Liberty. Funeral services will be held on Friday at 11 a.m. in the Potter’s House Ministry Church, 430 Cathedral Ave., in Mt. Oliver.(Malik Vincent can be reached can be reached at malikvincent@gmail.com.) DARRELL TURNER JR. and THOMAS WOODSON by Malik VincentAt around 10 p.m. on the evening of June 25, it was reported that two varsity football players at Gateway High School were shot, one fatally, after eating at a local establishment in Durham, N.C.The shooting claimed the life of Darrell Turner Jr., 18, a senior linebacker for the Gators and wounded Thomas Woodson, a junior, and the team’s starting quarterback.last_img read more